Wednesday, April 13, 2011

visual agruments

I think the picture Embracing Diversity in University Residences was most appealing to me.  It shows a bunch of different hands all fused into a tree.  I thought it was really interesting how diverse each hand is but together makes something that everyone can recognize.

The least appealing picture, to me, is the Peeling off Labels picture.  I didn't really understand it at first.

It's GOT to be the Shoes is a cartoon about how the supreme court thinks it's more important to have racial differences to be admitted to college than having a good education.

Supreme Irony. I don't really understand this cartoon

Daniel Lives on Detroit's Eastside is a cartoon about how "Daniel" gets into college with a little help from the supreme court because he had to go through all these "hard times" so he should be admitted over someone who just went through life without as many hardships.

Admissions is a cartoon describing why a middle class white person didn't get into college.  He thinks that the reason he didn't get in to college is because he isn't any of the five categories represented to the left.

Pricey is a cartoon about how expensive it is to get into college.  The guy in the suit made up of all the pricey things he had to do to get into the college of his choice is ahead of the guy just doing his best, possibly suggesting that one can not just simply "do their best" to get into the college of choice.

The most effective cartoon, to me, is the Admissions cartoon.  I understand what the artist is trying to get across.

The least effective cartoon is the Supreme Irony.  I don't really understand this cartoon or where the artist is trying to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment